Saturday, June 30, 2007
Frosh Party
We are seniors but we're definitely as fresh as those froshies.

I think I have to buy a new pair of shoes since mine's already wrecked from last night's frosh party. Every year, our university holds a concert to welcome froshies in all colleges. There's not a best way to kick-off four hellish academic years than watching great bands perform for free, right?. Plus there's so much prizes they gave away to thomasians last night courtesy of the event's sponsors.
I wasn't aware of the concert until a professor said that a stage was being set-up in front of the main building. Me and my classmates are big on concerts. Whether it's for free or not, we are always willing to watch bands perform live. Since this is our last year (hopefully), and that concert probably would be our last "Aba, USTe ka na!" concert,we decided to watch after class.

First off, a band who claims to be a "SKA" band from baguio performed. They are named Space Flower. I was practically laughing at their weird dress code. Everyone's wearing coat and tie but only in different striking colors. The vocalist wore violet, the guitarist wore blue, pink for the keyboardist, maroon for the drummer and red for the sax player I think.


In between the first band the next are parlor games that are so boring I might have actually killed myself. Thank God Dylan of Nu 107 was there to liven things up. Also, the parlor games took a lot of time that Mari and I were discussing the possibility of the last band not performing. It has already become a tradition in UST that the administration turns-off the lights as soon as the concert reach a certain time. I'm not sure if it's 12 midnight or something. With or without anyone performing, baamm they turn the lights off.

Session Road performed next. Hannah Romawac, whom we all recognized with her long dark locks, is now wearing short cut hair. Session Road is one of the bands whom I became attached to as a growing college girl. I started listening to them when I was still a frosh and up until now, their songs never leave my iPod. I so love 'em. One good thing about watching live bands is that we can lust over those hot rockers while they perform their thing on stage. May bago na kami pinagnanasaan kaso taken na siya. haha.


To wrap the concert up was the band with the sexiest vocalist evarr. Have you guessed it already? If not, you better head to your nearest music bar and grab a copy of their album so you'll know what I mean. I was overwhelmed with joy for not missing this concert because Brownman Revival was the last band who performed. Words can't describe why I love them but I know one thing, Dino's so hot I actually thought the smoke's coming from him and not from the smoke machine. Gawwd, I so love that vocalist. Hmm, I wonder what he tastes like. haha.
 
posted by yhan at 9:19 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: