Sunday, May 13, 2007
Mother's Day baking
Question.

what's made of cream cheese, topped with blueberry filling,and....

baked and then chilled using a dumb square tray?

uhh.. Blueberry Cheesecake?


Last night, I thought i'd make a Blueberry Cheesecake since I'm such a sucker for blueberries. So I headed out to the grocery and bought me some ingredients which I got online. My first impulse was to find canned blueberries. I hurried to the canned goods section and I couldn't find blueberries. I was panicking because, what's a blueberry cheesecake without blueberries right? It took me 3 times to scan the shelves before I actually saw canned blueberries beside the strawberries in the lowest shelf. I grabbed it and headed for the next ingredient.

I knew I wouldn't have problems finding cream cheese because it's not like it's a rare ingredient and everytime I go to the grocery, I always see cream cheese side by side with my favorite yoogurts. SInce I have a limited budget, I got the locally manufactured cream cheese because it's cheaper.

Second dilemma was finding this specific ingredient. I went back and forth to the chiller but I still wasn't able to find it. The recipe will not be complete without this, so before I surrender and put the rest of the ingredients back to where I got them, I figured to go to the chiller one last time. Scan scan scan... It's out of stock I think. "I went all this trouble for nothing", I mused. For the last time, I asked the good supermarket crew or whatever you call them, " do you have this ingredient" I asked. "Are you the one who's looking for this earlier? It's the only thing we got here", he said. Yeah that's it! I grabbed, put it in my basket and smiled giddily . This crew is definitely a life saver. :)

So I checked out te things I bought at the counter then I went home and started making my first blueberry cheesecake.
I put it in a square tray because no round pie pan is available, so don't laugh alright? Besides, this is my first baking since ever.

TODAY

is Mother's Day. I greeted my mom a happy mother's day and presented my gift to her. Guess you what, she didn't have a piece. hahaha. She said, she appreciates all this but she didn't want to have a piece. She's like afraid to taste it, like she'll be posioned or something. haha. I knew this is what would happen considering mom's never a fan of cheesecake nor my cooking. ;)

Instead, I gave some to my cousins, the dog, and to the two Sunday household helpers. I hope my sister would eat too as soon as she wakes up. And I expect a lot of criticisms and mock from her because that's how we do it and that's our way of saying "what a great job" . hahahaha..

Though this is my first time to make one, I think my cheesecake is scrumptious h-e-a-v-e-n-l-y. Really. No pun intended. :)

So, I still have 80% left in the tray. Too bad, there's no class so I wouldn't be able to share it with my loving friends.. hehe.



Cheesecake anyone?
 
posted by yhan at 10:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: