Tuesday, December 19, 2006
BSIT is not for me
With the rate I'm going there's a 70% chance that I will fail at Database Management System and System Analysis and Design. I do not want to fail and attend summer classes again. Been there, done that and that should be the last time.

Our group must come up with a point of sale system for a Botika ng Bayan branch located at Dapitan Street. By doing so, we must at least know how to build a database system and a program then somehow interconnect those two.

Here's the problem. You see, the only programming language I know is C/C++ and not really good at it. Right now, I never know of anyone in my league that will use C/C++ as their language. Some will be using Delphi, Php, Visual Basic, language that I do not know. In addition to that, my first and only encounter with database is my 4th year high school computer subject that tackled MS Access.

Even if I know how to use MS Access, that still is irrelevant. I need to know how to program using Visual Basic. Coding might actually be easy, the question is will I be able to establish the right algorithm using my not so logical logic.

I wanted to curse my BS but that would make me ridiculous.

Come to think of it, my course is actually not bad considering that we are now living in an information technology age. I just don't think it's for me. Hence, I try hard to pass every freaking subject in my BS to be able to graduate on March 2008.

Now I envy those students who love what they're doing.

++

At the end of the day, there are some things you just can't help but talk about. Some things we just don't want to hear, and some things we say because we can't be silent any longer. Some things are more than what you say. They're what you do. Some things you say because you have no other choice. Some things you keep to yourself. And not too often, but every now and then, some things simply speak for themselves. - Dr. Meredith Grey
 
posted by yhan at 1:13 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: