Friday, December 29, 2006
welcome 2007, I need you to bear with me *smiles*
I can't remember the year when I started to have an aversion towards the Christmas season. Take note, Christmas season and not Christmas per se. Maybe it's the year 2005, or way further back. I just stopped getting the whole season because of the insane pressure. Oh, it's Christmas, everyone should be happy and giving and compassionate and pretentious crap. Thus, I am no longer a Christmas person.

On the other hand, celebrating New Year is just freaking fabulous. I love it.

Making a new year's resolution is something I've done when I was younger. I brought it to an end when i was smart enough to save myself from jotting down resolutions which I, eventually, will not follow. But since I am now a New Year person and the fact that I made myself believe I have self-control, I've came up with my own little list that I should be following starting Jan. 2. (We have a clan reunion on Jan 1, I pretty much would be pigging out for the rest of the day so let's start Jan. 2.)

My top 10 resolutions for 2007.

I , Rianna

1. Will not smoke nor even puff a cigarette stick.

2. Will not drink liquor of any kind. Especially beer even if it means drooling over a bottle of Red Horse while my classmates are having pleasure whilst drinking it. (*Applicable only from January to March)

3. Will eat less rice during dinner; eat more veggies, fruits and fish. Ditch animal meat occasionally.

4. Will start being nice to people whom I entirely dislike. This one is tricky because there's someone whom I really really despise, really entirely. I just can't get myself to like a bit of him and the thought of him makes me nauseous. Can we just exclude him so that I can keep this 4th resolution?

5. Will not talk about someone behind his back. I think this would be healthy for me or anyone perhaps.

6. Will get rid of the damn TV and DVD in my room whenever I have to study for a major examination.

7. Will not drink even a tiny drop of soda/softdrinks.

8. Will try to sleep early everyday, say before 12 midnight.

9. Will be more kind to the human and animal race.

10. Will take more chances and risks, will grab positive opportunities presented at hand, will live life and will enjoy the rest of the year 2007.

++

At the end of the day, there are some things you just can't help but talk about. Some things we just don't want to hear, and some things we say because we can't be silent any longer. Some things are more than what you say. They're what you do. Some things you say because you have no other choice. Some things you keep to yourself. And not too often, but every now and then, some things simply speak for themselves. - Dr. Meredith Grey
 
posted by yhan at 11:26 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: