Saturday, February 03, 2007
PGC Field Trip
I skipped class today because I wanted to take advantage of the free internet connection here at our college building. I am like deprived of the internet because when I got home the day before, I found out that our landline was disconnected. Apparently, my mom forgot to settle the telephone bill. So here I am.

Our field trip last Monday isn't really the best field trip a junior college student would want to have. That field trip is literally the trip Elementary or High Schol students are having. If it weren't for the picture taking, I doubt anyone would get off the bus.

We went to Manila City Hall where we encountered dozens of detainee,perhaps they too have a field trip. Then We stayed in a hall where portraits of previous Manila Mayors are displayed. Like I care right? I don't even reside in Manila and seeing those portraits are so nonsensical.

Councilor Trisha Bonoan-David had her early campaign.

Inside the Office of the Mayor are murals by Botong Francisco from the pre-spanish civilization to the post- marcos era.




A previous Mayor of Manila totally looks like my classmates' dad.


Our next destination was the Senate. Someone lectured about the various committees in the Senate. As usual, I am too much preoccupied with much more important matters so I ended up sleeping in front of other students. There was also a committee hearing and I saw Sen. Lim and Sen Lapid.


During lunch we stopped over at Blue Wave. No one could decide where to eat so we just ended up at SUper Bowl of China.



We paid an overwhelming price of 250 pesos each.


After that we headed to Sandiganbayan. The most preposterous thing was to go to Sandiganbayan and roam around that building in the afternoon when no hearing or session is being held. It's the part of the trip I hate most. We even took the emergency exit stairs because only 6 people are allowed in the elevator at a time. It's so oring and I lost all of my energy in that place.



Finally, the highlight of the trip--the House. Unfortunately, there was no Sorsogon representative in the form of Chiz Escudero. He was out, prolly somewhere planning to kick each and every one in GMA's wing out of the goverment. Anyways, I was partly sad coz he's not there. I didn't get to see him in the flesh. I heard he's tall and more handsome in personal than he is in print or in TV.



We were able to sit down inside the session hall while two party list representaives are in dispute regarding some issues related to salary increase.



One representative interrupted them and cracked a somewhat mocking joke. I think it's their way of entertaining us Filipinos don't you agree? Honestly, I was entertained.

So there goes our trip, and my 500 pesos.




ROCK ON!

Labels:

 
posted by yhan at 4:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: