Thursday, March 29, 2007
Disqualified
Our curriculum is requiring us a 300 hour internship with a company that would provide us with excellent training ground in the field of Information Technology.

I spent the whole day looking for reputable, multi-million dollar, multi-national companies that would be willing to accommodate me in my internship. I study at UST, therefore I am expecting a big and stable company wherein I could have my OJT.

As I look for prospective companies, I realize that I somehow do not possess the qualifications that these companies are looking for.


I have three failed subjects already.
Upon reading these requirements I started recalling all of my achievements, except those in elementary, and guess what.. I have zero.. none.. nada. For the past few years of my life, I did not have any achievements neither did I receive any non-academic awards. Gawd, that is disturbing.. really.

I saw an application form from Canon here in my room and I've decided to fill it out. Suddenly I stopped at the part where it asks me to jot down my honors, awards, scholarships, publications, academic, socio-civis, etra-curricular activities and other organizational memberships. I have been filling out application forms from various companies and that part never fails to make me feel like a total failure.

Am I being delusional for wanting to become part of giant companies when in reality, I some kinda don't have what it takes?

Seriously, I have the slightest bit of idea of what my course is all about. I was able to pass IT106 with a grade of 1.25 yet the only thing I know is the IEEE 802.xx number of wireless LAN, Bluetooth and MAN or whatever that is.
I don't know how to make a system using visual basic or php or sql shit. I am not actively participating in any university-wide or college organizations. I do not have any academic honors. Heck, i can't even surpass the second sem without having multiple 3.0 or 5.0 in the class card.. I am C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S.

Tomorrow,we'll be going to Makati and try our luck as walk-in applicants.

Labels:

 
posted by yhan at 8:07 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: