Monday, September 17, 2007
TIGERS vs. TAMS Playoff : A Sisterly Affair
Let's go TIGERS, let's go!

The thomasian crowd were unstoppable with their cheers as the tigers emerge victorious in the playoff between UST and FEU earlier at the Araneta Coliseum. The tigers are still in the hopes of retaining the title as champions but this time, for the 70th season of the UAAP.

TIGERS! Rawwr!

At first, I planned to go with my classmates. But since they backed out, I ended up going with my sister. My sister who is, just like my mom, has more tiger spirit than me though neither of them is from UST. Have I told you they watched a game between UST and another school last season 69 alone? Without me? And FYI, the game was sold out they had actually bribed a security guard just to let them in.


Sisteru

Anyways, the game that just happened between UST and FEU was a do or die game. The pressure was on big time. The losers go home and wait for another year to try their luck. And the winner advances and continue their hopes toward the championship series.

The game was almost sold out. Probably all those with a hefty heart for school spirit and those seniors like me, who feared that it would be the last game of their college life, went to see that game.

Early on, the tamaraws were at the lead on the scoreboard. I admit, I kinda lost hope at the start of the game not taking into consideration the many minutes left for the tigers to catch up. At the second quarter, Japs showed his A game that started the momentum of the team. As the game progressed, the tigers showed confidence in the way they played. They were shooting here and there and every basket counts. Defense was also great. Of course, I was cheering. It probably was my favorite cheer that game because of the triangle (diamond or whatever!) your hands create as you chant "O! Depensa!" and because it was the most used cheer that time. Indeed, it was very effective. Everytime that cheer went, no tamaraw was able to penetrate our court! =D Hence, the tigers trailed by at much as 20 points during the game.

Santo Tomas, fight!

The "Go, USTE!" cheer proved to be of many purpose. It is the traditional cheer, the morale booster cheer, the encouragement cheer, the good luck cheer, and the SHOW OFF cheer. Yes, as often as a tiger scores, the "Go, USTE!" cheer was heard. Loud, proud and boasting with school spirit.

This is the second best game of my life, after the championship game last season. Throughout the game, I was praying, "Lord, just this one, before I graduate. Kahit hanggang final four lang." Yes, prayer answered!


TIGERS beat the TAMARAWS! 80-69. =D


Labels:

 
posted by yhan at 10:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: