Monday, September 10, 2007
Meet My Afternoon Man
He may cease to exist but his songs will forever remain as a reminder to everyone that once, a great musician has walked into the face of this planet to give joy to everyone's life.

Meet my afternoon man, Jeff Buckley.


1966- 1997

10 years after his death, Jeff Buckley's songs still remain constantly on the airwaves because of their cunning beauty. Although I feel sorry that he will no longer be able to offer his beautiful music to the world, I am still grateful for everything he's given.

Jeff Buckley is officially my afternoon man since his airing time on my iPod is during the afternoon. While I'm taking a bath, while I'm traveling to school, while I'm crossing Lacson Avenue and then Espana Blvd. While I'm walking along the side of the university and off to class he's still my companion. haha. Well, at least for the past weeks this is my iPod routine. So whenever you see me in school with my iPod on, expect me to be in a gloomy but peaceful mood. Not that his songs are gloomy and all, it's just the internalization phase.

I suggest you listen to him best in the afternoon. Then everything will come smooth sailing afterwards. I don't know, maybe it's just me and my nostalgia but what the hell. Just listen to him. He's definitely one of the greatest artist of our time. Deep Beautiful Melancholic in every sense of it. =D

Labels:

 
posted by yhan at 8:14 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: