Thursday, October 25, 2007
Sem Break, Hair, and Job Hunting
Hi All. Apologies for not blogging often. The university's on a sem break, the last sem break of my entire life. I used to enjoy sem breaks, well who doesn't right? I remember when I was just starting out as a university student, I find sem breaks, Christmas breaks or other seasonal breaks comforting. For one thing, no classes means no quizzes, no studying, and no professors. What a relief it was for me. Since I was not the kind of students who loves going to class.

I said I was. But not anymore. In fact, this sem break makes me feel a shitty bumass pig. Occasionally, I go out with friends. But when there's no scheduled party or gimik , I just sleep during mornings and stay awake all night. The afternoons are the shittiest. For the past few days I am always online hoping to find an advertisement for a part time job. I have submitted my resume online at a coffee company hoping to get a position as a barista. And tomorrow, I will yet go to 2 other coffee companies to submit my resume.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Dang, I procrastinate a lot. Especially now I dyed my hair with some fancy schmancy color that, aside from not being evenly distributed, does not suit my skin tone. HAHAHA. gawwwd. You know what, I can't really function with this thing on, I can't go out of the house. I am planning to have it dyed with another color,this time in a SALON. My hair is long and thick and I don't care if I have to pay thrice than when I bought 5 dye boxes, I just want it to become normal again.

I'm also getting tired of partying. Partying all night is fun. Waking up the next day with a pretty major hangover is not. I can't be like drinking booze everytime there's a chance. That's why I am getting a job. Aside from being productive on my free time, I can also earn money, right?

Why not work on a call center? Why obsess on being a BARISTA? For one, my spoken english is really not the best. I also do not want to work in an office environment right now. Nor do I want heavy work that requires major thinking, I'll be doing that in school a lot. I just want something new and fun.

*cross fingers* I just wish some coffee or food company will hire me. =D
 
posted by yhan at 12:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: