Friday, November 09, 2007
Just Like That

It was 11 pm. I was slurping on my sundae while aboard a jeepney bound for Kalentong. I was tipsy. One of the things I hate about drinking booze around the university’s vicinity is going home tipsy. I hate the way other commuters look at me. It’s like they think I am crazy or what not. You know what I think? I think they don’t have anything better for themselves which is why they’re trying to get a piece of my drama or tipsiness or whatever you call it.

Today was one of the happiest bonding sessions we had. My classmates and I. We were drinking at some bar just outside our school celebrating youth. Yeah. Right. Celebrating youth is what you call it when a professor decides to ditch your class and you and your classmates end up getting wasted at some random bar where they sell Red Horse or Colt 45.

The point is that while riding the jeepney, all that’s in my head is the bitter fact that LIFE is too short. I just found out that my grandma’s sister’s husband just died. And it was very unexpected. Just like that. Our body deteriorates just like that with or without us being aware of it. Of course we all know that one way or another, our bodies will go to rest permanently . The sad part is we cannot predict when it’s going to happen nor can we put it to a stop as it happens. If your time’s up, you’re done. Just like that. Tragic, this reality of life.... as well as tomorrow's hangover.

 
posted by yhan at 12:39 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: