Monday, November 05, 2007
OVERWHELMED
This is a very tiring Monday. I feel overwhelmed with events as well as with choices I have to make. MONDAYS never really appeal to me.

++

SELF-FULFILLMENT OR JUST ANOTHER CASE OF IMPULSIVE THINKING?

My dilemma started last sem break when I did nothing but look for part-time jobs in Jobstreet.com. Aside from over-analyzing my schedule this second semester, I really had nothing better to do then. I even posted my schedule which obviously shows my super free time. It is one of the things I did during my sem break. Yes, I looked for work out of boredom. Or perhaps out of fear. Fear that if ever I am faced with yet another super free time, I'd start pulling out my hair and eat them one by one. eeew. morbid.

Yesterday, the company which I applied for informed me that I am qualified for an initial interview. So I went to their office today, sat in an interview with the HR officer, and was told that I am recommended for a final interview tomorrow. Damn, that was great. Being interviewed by an HR officer of a company always give me the thrills.

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM YOU MAY ASK?

First and foremost, the part time job requires me to work for a minimum of 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. I can do that absolutely. The schedule I picked is from 7am to 1pm. During normal days, I am still asleep within this hours. Which is why I think will not be that big of a deal. BUT, if i'm going to work from 7-1 then go to school from 4-8, I won't get enough rest. One reason that I wanted to get a job is to avoid myself from thinking too much about my future. I do my daydreaming everytime I'm physically doing nothing. With this schedule, there might be no more thinking AT ALL. My brain will not function properly by then.

Second, there is a bond of 6 months. It means I'll still be working for them a few months after my graduation. I really don't have any plans of working right away after graduation. But, the pressure I'm getting from my mom says the other way around. Also, if I fail to manage my time between work and studies, there might be no graduation AT ALL.

THE FUN OF HAVING A WORK.

The work that I applied for is a barista job. I have always wanted to become a barista ever since. It seems like what they're doing is so much fun. I mean, is there any job much easier and enjoyable at the same time other than making coffee? Plus, the great deal of people you will meet is incomparable.

THE CONCLUSION.

With the THESIS I am doing plus major projects and baby thesis which I will go face to face this semester, I will no longer pursue my 'barista career'. Seriously, I have very discouraging friends and family. They told me not to go after it since I might compromise my college life in so many ways. After all, they all have proven their points and it all seemed fair. They're a bunch of discouraging people with good intentions, I guess. SO. I. WILL. NOT.WORK. Maybe some other time. After my thesis perhaps.

++

After that I went to Badminton City with my classmates and smashed shuttle cocks. With body pains that seemed to have surfaced almost immediately, I headed to my dentist to have my rubbers replaced. There are a few thing I regret, one of which is having these braces. Anyways, this concludes my MONfckngDAY. Hope your day's better than mine.

Labels:

 
posted by yhan at 7:46 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: